Thursday, December 10, 2009

Life is Short

Reality has hit me hard and I've realized that life is so short. We, me included, should live for what's important and not just live our life day to day doing whatever we please. Don't get me wrong, doing what we want ins't wrong, per se, but living carelessly is not what we are meant for. "We were meant to live for so much more." -Switchfoot

The reason why I'm saying all this is because my grandfather, (mom's dad), passed away tonight. He's been doing badly for a while now, suffering from Emphysema. He's been on 100% oxygen for at least a year now and has been declining fast. But this fast was just a shock to me. He was put in the hospital a week ago from Monday for Pneumonia then moved to Community Hospice yesterday and passed away tonight. For those of you who don't know what hospice is, it's a service facility for people in their last days. It's kind of like a rehab building but very nice, very accomodating for families and very peaceful. I was up at hospice all day today, just sitting and being with family. I came home for about an hour and went back up there, and he had passed just before my dad and I arrived. It was good to know that all his daughters, wife, and some grandchildren were there for him, so it was very peaceful. I'm so thankful for the memories I have of him. He was really protective of me as his granddaughter. Thanks be to God who is always by our side during difficult times! I don't know how people cope with situations like these without hope...

In better news, things are getting busy for me! I have a lot more Christmas shopping to do, I'm slammed with rehearsals for my church Christmas special, I'm working more and am starting a second job next week! Oh Lord, please get me through this season! I know it will be good, bittersweet, I'm just stressing now! I'm so thankful I have awesome family and friends and a loving boyfriend to be here for me :)

Me & Gilbert



No comments: