Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Busy!

Wow, my life is so busy and I didn't even realize it! This past weekend our FCCJ choir had to go to a music conference which was very interesting. All the different community college choirs in Florida came together to form one BIG choir, and man was it loud! We had about 15 hours of rehearsals within 3 days, and then a concert on Saturday, so it was very time consuming! But I learned a good bit from it. (Hopefully I can apply this knowledge to my voice student!)
This is a picture of the 2nd Soprano section from the conference. I'm in the middle with a purple shirt in case you can't tell ;)

Some of the girls in my chorale at the Saturday concert: Mallary, Dana, Me, and Bethany



I'm also busy with school (what college student isn't?) and trying to figure out where I should go this summer. In May I'll receive my AA in Music and then in the summer I plan to start Cosmetology school! I am SO excited about that! My top 3 schools here in town are: The Paul Mitchell School, Riverside Hairstyling Academy, and FCCJ's program.

In two weeks I'm starting a Bible study with a group of my friends which will be so exciting! We are doing the new Beth Moore study "Stepping Up: A Journey Through the Psalms of Ascent" and I will be leading the first session. I will update on what I'm learning when we start it!





I don't have THAT much to update on right now, I'm just praying I get through this week! I have 2 exams to study for and I have to write a paper =( But I'm looking foward to being done with college =)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I just found your blog...very cute! I'm doing the Beth Moore Esther study right now and love it! I can't wait to hear how you like Stepping Up!